Study Permit

If you want to attend an educational institution in Canada for programs or courses longer than 6-months, you will need a study permit. A study permit not only allows you to attend one of Canada’s reputable post-secondary schools, it may also allow you to work part-time or full-time during scheduled breaks.

Who is eligible for a Study Permit?

For post-secondary institutions, an offer of admission from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) is required, along with proof that you are able to support yourself financially as a student.

Minor children may also wish to obtain a study permit while attending elementary, junior high, or high school. Children may be eligible if their parents are legally working in Canada, or if they are under the care of a relative.

What is the processing time? 
Students from India, China Pakistan, Philippines, Morocco, Senegal and Vietnam may be eligible for faster processing under the SDS (Student District Stream). For citizens of other countries, processing time will vary. Visit the Government of Canada website to view the most up-to-date processing times. 

Inquire about a Study Permit